- The industrialized world and the developing world are interdependent economically and politically.
- Developing nations in Africa and Latin America have worked to build stable economies and governments.
- In South Africa, the African majority won a long battle against the apartheid system of white minority rule.
- China and India have developed into economic superpowers.
- Technology, free trade, and international organizations have contributed to globalization.
- Issues of global concern include poverty, human rights, and the environment.
- Terrorism has become a growing concern, especially since September 11, 2001.
Watch the My Story Video
to learn how young people created a technology-based organization to deal with world issues.