- The Indus Valley civilization had large, well-planned cities and an organized government.
- Sacred texts known as the Vedas teach us about Aryan society.
- Hinduism and Buddhism emerged in ancient India and their ethical and spiritual messages shaped Indian civilization.
- The Maurya and Gupta empires united much of India; under the Guptas, India enjoyed a golden age of cultural achievement.
- Confucianism and Daoism are ancient Chinese belief systems that influenced China's culture for centuries.
- After Shi Huangdi unified China, the Han Golden Age brought advances in science, medicine, technology, and the arts.
Watch the My Story Video
to learn more about Shi Huangdi, China's first emperor.