- The arrival of Islam brought great changes to India.
- Under the Tang and Song dynasties, China was a well-ordered society with a rich culture.
- The Mongols built a mighty empire in China under Genghis Khan and Kublai Khan, but the Ming dynasty restored Chinese rule and revived arts and literature.
- Korea received many cultural and technological influences from China, but it maintained its own culture under the three dynasties that ruled the country after the 600s.
- Medieval Japan was a feudal, warrior-dominated society, until the Tokugawas united much of Japan and imposed a central government.
Watch the My Story Video
to learn about the life of Genghis Khan.